Wednesday, February 8, 2012

True Confessions...Keeping it real!

Here I sit -pondering the depths...so often this happens to me... How about you?

I move from hi to low and back again (can anyone else out there relate?!?!) The inevitable rise and fall of the never ending roller coaster of the adventure called life...and the battle called faith -one day hi -next day low (I know I'm not alone here!)

Today is one of those days where the uncertainty of it all smacks you in the face, knocks you slightly off kilter and causes you to sit back on your heals...swooning from the blow but, not down for the count! (I have walked around agitated and annoyed with it for most of the day)

It's on this kind of day- when I finally shake the funky feeling- that I am reminded of David's words in Psalms:

"For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust." (103:14)

Unlike us, Jesus is compassionate and tender with us when we falter. Our weakness is where His perfection shines (if we let him)...He says take my yoke -it's light- and let me carry that burden!

This comforts me.
I can rest -even in these moments- because I know my Father knows me inside and out -he is familiar with my very frame and understands me in every way...

When all is said and done -pity pout party had - there is yet another kiss and a nudge to "go reread yesterday's post and the whole of Psalm 103!"

...still smiling and trusting my Father to perfect everything that concerns me today and to forgive my inconsistency and help my unbelief!

He is Good and everything he does is good! We can not contain all of his goodness -He is FOR me and the same can be said for you!

Just wanting to keep it real because it is here He gets the absolute glory! It's also the spot my soul finds rest. The "unveiled place" is where his presence comes and dwells and breathes life into my weary dry bones! And boy, have they needed some life today!

Peace- be still - He's loving on you! Can you feel it?


No comments: