Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm Smiling...Are you?

Have you ever had one of those "That's it!" moments...


Over the last 18 or 19 months, every time someone would ask how we were doing, I would unroll all that was going on with us. With uncanny repetition, each conversation would inevitably end with me laughing and smiling- followed by a comment to the effect of " We have no clue but, Father does and we're trusting in that..." Every single time I would walk away feeling a little crazy -laughing and smiling at such overwhelming circumstances and uncertainty... well today -on Pinterest of all places -Father affirmed in me the reason why I respond the way I do to all those inquiries...Totally Him and just like him...


There pinned boldly on the virtual cork board of cyberspace in bold flowery font were these words and it was signed Jesus... (anyone who knows just a small amount about the Bible knows that Jesus didn't speak those words...but today, He spoke them directly to me...one of those "Kisses" just to shower his affection...and I felt it!)


It said:
She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future. ~Proverbs 31:25


See it has nothing to do with me or the swirling circumstances that surround me right now (if it did I would be crumbling and melting under the stress and pressure) ... It has everything to do with him -JESUS- and my heart being stayed and fixed on Him -resting in what he desires to accomplish in and through me as he moves me and my family through this season that HE has set in motion in our lives...Jesus is the one who clothes us in strength and dignity...he is the peace that passes understanding creating the joy that wells up into laughter...He is the perfect love that drives out any fear -even in the most fearful of places...He HOLDS and IS our future...It's not us -it's Him...I'm smiling! Are you?

No comments: